The phone w550i was showing white screen, WSOD(Ericson trick)


Hi bought a Sony Ericsson W550i 1 year back. Its a excellent phone. Well everything was going good in my life. But since two weeks ago lightning strike on me when my phone was stuck in WSOD - White Screen of Death. The phone w550i was showing white screen when i try to start and same thing was happing again & again when i start my Sony Ericsson w550i mobile. "I tried all the common engineer tricks which i know, like restart no use, take out battery and restart still no use, i got a very feelling at this point and i felt like 2 lightning strike on me at the same time.

When i search on web for this "WSOD" (White Screen of Death) problem. it pointed out to me that it's quite a known problem and number of people have had this. web search says its a problem of firmware (
What is firmware ?) in Sony Ericsson W550i. Well firmware flash can resolve this problem. I try to update my w550i from Sony ericsson's website to upgrade the firmware. I tried two three but it stopped at 90% updation.


Then i took my W550i to Sony ericsson service center which is near to my home. After checking the warranty card they told me that your 1 year warranty is over. So i ask them "how mutch it cost to resolve the problem ? The person said Rs. 300 ( around $ 7). I said ok it fine, so when should i come to take my phone, he told me to come at evening.


Well If you had the same "WSOD White Screen of Death" problem with your mobile, you can Share, suggest and comment what worked for you.

Important Notices :
  • Avoid use of multiple things at onetime in your mobile (Exp: music+game+internet).

  • Dont pull the USB connectivity from the PC without stopping the device. It is Better to transfer & receive your data via useing Bluetooth connectivity.

  • My research show that this "WSOD White Screen of Death" problem mainly comes with latest software. The older vol: R4CA004 works just fine.
Share this article :
 

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2011. Tricks Duniya - All Rights Reserved